We talk about how we as youth leaders can prepare ourselves and our churches to care for all young people, especially in the area of sexuality. We discuss the importance of modelling godly discipleship ourselves and creating an honest and safe culture for young people to share their struggles.
We also look at how we can engage well with parents and church leaders, communicate sensitively and ensure that youth work is an integral part of the whole life of the church.
This episode features a bonus interview with Tim Alford, National Director of Limitless, the youth and children’s movement of the Elim Pentecostal Churches. He is also youth leader at The Source Church in Malvern and a Youth Ministry Specialist Lecturer.
- What do we need to do to prepare ourselves as youth leaders?
- What do we need to do to prepare our youth group?
- How can we engage well with parents and carers?
- How can we engage well with our church leaders?
Resources mentioned and related
- Youth Leaders' Crash Course podcast page
- 10 Questions Every Teen Should Ask (and Answer) about Christianity Rebecca McLaughlin
- 10 Questions Every Teen Should Ask (and Answer) About Christianity: A Review Andrew Bunt
- When Children Come Out – A Guide for Christian Parents Mark A. Yarhouse and Olya Zaporozhets